Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reflections of an Online Seller




I remember, just a little over 7 years ago, we began selling on ebay. I still reminiscence over my first auction sold, my first item to be involved in a bidding war, the first time one of my auctions ended for triple the profit. Oh what great few years those were.
Now the last year on ebay, totally different story. I was stressing over how many auctions were closing without bids, how it wasn't even worth selling anything less than $5 anymore and how uch of my profit was being eaten up by fees from both Paypal and Ebay.
But don't get me wrong. I am not bitter over my years at ebay. If anything, I am wiser and more experienced. This couldn't have come about if I hadn't sold on ebay.

Now I have my own store, Fun Cool Collectibles, and again, the new found fun and glory is back again! The anxiously waiting on the first sale, the adrenalin rush of my first sale, the ability to say "100% full profit" when someone paid using Google Checkout! Life is good again. Now my confidence is back up at its level and I expect, yes EXPECT, to have at least one sale a day. I imagine I would have tons more if I had the time to fully apply myself. But, for now, it works. I look forward to this new year and new sales. The possibilities are many, my goals in full view.

So, how do you feel about your business? Care to give eCrater a try? Hope you are sharing in the excitement.

No comments: