Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

I was very excited to read that Tim Burton would be making an "Alice in Wonderland" movie. It will have both live action and animation elements and will stay true to the original story essence, according to an interview with Tim Burton by Sci Fi Wire.

Set to start filming this May, the approximate release date is rumored to be 2010. Wondering if Johnny Depp will be part of this too? I can see him as the Cheshire cat perfectly!!!

Also be on the lookout for an extended new version of Burton's Frankenweenie. I always figured eventually he would come back to this film especially since Disney held back the reins on his vision the first time around.

Both movies are rumored to 3-D movies. I just hope Disney doesn't get on their high horses over Burton's darker imagery style. It's what makes "The Nightmare before Christmas" such a wonderful cult classic. Heck, it's what makes Tim Burton...Tim Burton.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet this movie will be awesome. I can't wait!!